September 18, 2006

Monday Grrr

i have the misfortune of experiencing firsthand the 'all new, super improved service' TMNet is providing its loyal streamyx customers these past few months.

I took the broadband package that includes a modem rental from the telecom giant. I didn't mind the super chekkai 'Made In China' modem they provided all for an additional RM5 a month on top of the monthly fee, I was just excited to upgrade my dial-up internet. But to nobody's suprise, after 3 months of mild usage, the on-button of the modem fell off. That's my first Grrr. I tried taking it apart but the problem with the switch was beyond my Kemahiran Hidup Tingkatan 3 skills. The modem was now rendered completely useless, no net connection yet I'm charged for my monthly broadband bill and modem rental as usual.

So I called the Service Center number asking how do I proceed with the situation. I was told that an assigned technician would come and replace it in the comfort of my own home. I was given a report number and asked to wait 2 or 3 working days for the appropriate party to make their contact. Sure enough, the next day I've got a miscall on my mobile from the tech people. After the initial failed attempt at contacting me, there were none other. I tried calling them about 5 times after that yet my calls were never answered.

So, after 2 weeks of waiting for someone to call me or pick up my calls (both to no avail), I called the Service Center again (by then I've tatooed the number to my arm). This time, I was assigned another report number and was again given the same crap telling me to wait for the technical people to call me in couple of days. Being the angel that I (really) am, I decided to give them a second chance to impress me. I waited.

That was exactly 2 weeks ago today. With no calls from anyone, I called, yet again, the loathsome Service Center number on my arm. Temper running short I spoke to this retarded incompetent Malay girl who cant string 2 sentences together and for some odd reason, called me Vivian. I gave the the report number and told her my predicament. She put me on hold for 15 minutes only to tell me later that the technical people has been informed and I should wait for 2 or 3 days. I've been somewhat civil up to this point.

I told (snapped) her that I'm not falling for that line of devious, scheming lies again, why the fuck no one has called me these past weeks?

She then told me (after putting me on hold for 10 mins) very accurately, that on 11th September 2006, at 4.45pm a technician did call me but I didn't pick up the phone. So they didnt bother trying again.
Very well. So, now that I have to submit my patient, tolerant, understanding ass for another go at the 2/3 days contact period, could you at least, this time, give me a contact number of the technical party.

(Put me on hold for 12 minutes)
Malay TMNet girl : Erm, you can call the Service Center number if they dont contact you after 2 or 3 days.
Me : Whats the number? (thinking maybe there's a direct line I can call)
Malay TMNet girl : Hold on.

(Put me on hold for 7 minutes)
Malay TMNet girl : Miss Vivivan, its 1300 88 9515.
Me : Wait, thats the number I called to get you.
Malay TMNet girl : Erm, yes.
Me : I want the technician's number.
Malay TMNet girl : You wait. In 2, 3 days, they'll call you.
Me : I KNOW. But seems that I've been missing their calls so this time I want a number I can call if that happens again. Give me a contact number.
Malay TMNet girl : Hold on.

(Put me on hold for 10 minutes)
Malay TMNet girl : I dont know the number. You have to wait 2 or 3 days.
Me : Whats your name?
Malay TMNet girl : Yana.
Me : Is your supervisor there? I want to talk to your supervisor.
Yana : He's on the other line.
Me : What's his name?
Yana : His name? My supervisor's name?
Me : Yes. I want to know the name of your supervisor.
Yana : Hold on.

(Put me on damned hold for 27 minutes!)
Yana : Miss Vivian, you can call this number 036137XXXX and arrange for an appointment with the technician about replacing your modem.
Me : At long fucking last. Thank you.
Yana: Is there anything else I can help you with (I've recognized this as the ayat-wajib for all disService Center calls)
Me : You better fucking hope not.
Yana : Bye.

I called the number and they're coming tomorrow.

And who on earth is Vivian anyway?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ahh...welcome to Malaysia...with our best MSC status Internet and communications Technology. You'll be able to do a double charge or more charge on a single online transaction, hacked and slashed to bits when in an online game, when your line dies on you, the silence of the YM since there's no connections, the possibilities are endless. that's TM's tagline: Opening Up Possibilities