September 29, 2006

nursery ryhmes

My mom read to me and my sister a lot when we were small. She said, she started reading to us when we were 2 weeks old. I memorized a few of my nursery stories and this is one of my favorite. it is titled; DEAR ZOO. (the below is recited word-perfect completely from memory)

Dear Zoo.

I wrote to the zoo to send me a pet.

And they sent me a ... Giraffe!
He was too tall, I sent him back.

So they sent me a ... Camel!
He was too grumpy, I sent him back.

So they sent me a ... Monkey!
He was too naughty, I sent him back.

So they sent me a ... Lion!
He was too fierce, I sent him back.

So they sent me a ... Snake!
He was too scary, I sent him back.

So they thought very hard and sent me a ... Puppy!
He was perfect.
I kept him.

THE END.

We still have the book, somewhere. Imagine bright pictures and creative sounds effects, I'm sure you can see how tantalizing this book was.

Stay tune for the next exciting installment of ~~NURSERY RHYMES! Next episode: Chicken Licken.

Woot!

No comments: