October 09, 2006

OCD me?

observe this little incident: was out with shiren yesterday. since she was driving, she dumped her stuff on my lap. one of her stuff being a cardigan. so we were rolling and talking in the car, i subconciously started buttoning up her cardigan. noticing that, sherwin, who was in the back seat yelped, "eee, so OCD." to which shiren said, "no way man, shes a slob." and i would normally concur with the later comment. but this is the 4th time people has said that im a little OCD. so now i wonder.

regardless what shiren said, she and i both know that im not a slob, per say. im sufficiently clean, hygenic, neat, BO free and occasionally messy. what (little) i know of OCD is what Monk is like, and im happy to think that im nowhere like that freak.

but i do have certain quirks, that when i think about it, is a little erm, off. i have always thought that i am a little anal but surely being anal retentive is not even in the same ballpark as being OCD, no?

i iron my bedsheets and pillowcases before i put them on. i flip and rotate my mattress every 6 months. i colorcode my wardrobe (this is where i scare people off), i colorcode my earrings collection, i colorcode my toolbar icons, i colorcode my browser bookmarks, i have certain towel sets to be used with certain matching linens. i label and organize all my photo albums and file folders. i have tendency to clean my toilets at ridiculous hours (think 2am), i hang the laundry according to colors. i always have a 'to-do' and 'to buy' list, i make up the bed before going to bed. i keep all my receipts and log them, i always clean the little nooks and crannies. i cant sleep unless i bathed right before. i used to colorcode my shoes and loose wires drives me nuts. i programmed and actually use my speed dials.

on the other hand,
my whole room is swamped by books everywhere, my undies drawer is never organized, i still cant find my harry connick jr CD in the midst of my CDs melee, i am well known to forget about my asignments and projects, i have lapses of time when my room would be in total chaos (i call it my 'bilik dilanda garuda' time), i have post it notes all over my room, i wear turqoise heels with purple dress. i cant iron a pant correctly.


what do you think; OCD, anal retentive, neat freak or just everyday slob?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

why bother? it's not like you're human anyways...are you?