November 03, 2006

so what?

I have this ongoing game with some of my buddies. We would ask rhetorical questions to each other, hoping to entertain ourselves (oh yes, we are exciting people like that :P) questions like, 'if you found your boyfriend in bed with Brad Pitt, would you think you could pass the photo op?' (hell no, could you get Maddox too?) or nonsensical stuff like 'if your bicycle could paddle backwards, do you think you'd exercise more?' (probably not)

so last night was an especially heated discussion answering the age-old question: what would you save first if your house is on fire?

1. My story books.
2. All my earrings.
3. The scrabble and boggle set.
4. My new BS lipstick.
5. My LOTR extended version DVD collection.

I'm sure my family can save themselves and the house pet are instinctual survivors. Everything else is replaceable, surely. I clearly would save the most important things that are essence of my being. And I have hopes of of making the scrabble/boggle set hereditary.

What?
Selfish, me?
No way.
Frightening shallow perhaps.
Never selfish.
You just have no idea how hard it is for me to find that very shade of lipstick.
snort.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I could understand the other 4 choices, but the scrabble and boggle set?

you must have them in easy to carry containers, right? Just in case...

disputed lamb said...

i have both sets strapped to my body at all times. just in case of anything.

ultimatecass said...

when u hv story books, scrabble& boggle set, and lotr in the list, i dont think that's really shallow. id save my accessories, shoes, handbags, cameras, and laptop. id dump all those lot in the handbags. it'd work out somehow, im sure.