May 20, 2007

Singapore Madness

Am writing from my awesome backpackers B&B in Singapore.
Here with Shiren and having ridiculous fun.
Staying at Sleepy Sam's and even if it seems like we're the only Asians around, the place is fantabulous. I just wish the other lodgers are as friendly as the people at the Tokyo hostel was.
And so much for asking for an all female dorm, its basically one floor of everyone together. You'll get over the shock of finding a half naked guy shaving in the bathroom as quickly as you would to having a gorgeous tatooed hunk seeing you first thing in the morning brushing your teeth. He wasnt too scared of my impression of a warmed over zombie with bedhead.

Spending too much money and going around the place like maniacs.
It doesnt help when Singapore is having sales all over. All those malls. Groan. My credit card is getting a hell of a workout. More groan.
Tang's is especially too good to us. On top of the normal sale, tourists get additional 5% discount. Sweet baby civet!
Even if we could walk back home (KL) if we so want to, but it feels like we're million miles away from home. Singapore is totally rad. Its clean and amazing and safe and gorgeous and wow.

As usually with any trip, I am doing a ridiculous amount of walking. Walked the whole length of North Shore road, Victoria road and once walked home (to Malay village, near Bugis) from Orchard road. And if you know your Singapore, that's pretty damn far, as my feet is not so gently reminding me right now.

Went Sentosa (overrated) and the Night Safari (way amazing) and squeezed in some shopping in between. With all the animals, fish, reptiles and non humanoid creatures we saw yesterday, I mainly grouped all of them into 2 groups; edible or non edible.

Going for Phantom of the Opera show tonight.
Hoping to find a dress to wear for that because its ridiculous how great dresses and shoes and bags and everything else here.
A whole day dedicated to shopping today (Orchard road, Chinatown, Little India) and home bound tomorrow evening.

Trip peeves.
Apparently Singapore is also getting their yearly influx of Indian visitors. As in people from India. THEY'RE ALL MORONS.
From the oldest grandnenek to the babies.
I had to strongly resist reaching out and strangling them throughout my visit to Sentosa and The Safari.
AND THEY'RE SIMPLY EVERYWHERE.
Groan. Moan. Murder.
Not being racist (I am travelling with one anyways) but these people are rude, oblivious, smelly and rude. I said rude twice because they're that rude.
Their kids are annoying, spoiled and just wont stop talking (Shiren and I kept reminding eaxh other this is exactly why we're not having kids).
The adults are not much better.
I could go on forever but its just gonna spoil my day.

Wishing Shiren would hurry up and get up so we could make a move on.
Great place, this. Have I mentioned that?
Well, am gonna write me some postcards.
Later, from Singapore, peace out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nak poskad
tq