May 17, 2007

For the Love of Toast.

There are many things that I truly enjoy in life.
Blue skies, a full tank of gas, travelling, Coca Cola, sending and getting postcards, roller coasters, driving, a good book, rainbows, iced tea, Saturdays, my family's scrabble marathons, cursive handwriting, cooking shows, flea markets, reading maps, LoTR, rainy mornings, brand new contact lenses, fluffy towels, fast internet connection, vanilla candles, etc etc.
Sometimes, I'm lucky enough to get to enjoy two or more of these stuff at one time.
Like reading a new Prachett (a good book) on the 15th (new contact lenses) which happens to be a Saturday and it's raining. Bliss.
Or driving my Jeremy Clarkson (i.e. my Kelisa) with a full tank to a flea market and getting to see a rainbow in the way.
Or riding a roller coaster and drinking coke after a Scrabble marathon wearing a fluffy towel under a blue sky with fast internet connection. Erm, okay, I'm pushing it. Obviously I haven't figured that one out yet.

So I had this amazing brain fart that I could actually do something to combine two more of my ultimate favorite things.
Postcards and travelling.
I love sending postcard from places I've been.
I used to send them to friends and my family. I love sending them. Even when I practically have zero friends.
Downside was, I don't get many postcards for myself. I can hardly forced my friends to write to me on their travel. Not everyone thinks postcards are the most exciting thing since glow worms.
Then I stopped thinking that self-addressed postcards are lame.
But now I'm thinking I should spread the love.
Because even though I travel some, its hardly all that often.
So I'm thinking, why wait until then. I could always send a postcard from home.
But a postcard from home is hardly special when it's your addressees home too.
Bugger.
So I stalk for the time any of my friends would move out somewhere and would instantaneously bombard them with pleas for postcards to which I'd reply with a postcard from home.
Yay.
But the postcard mania rages on.

I'm trying to iron out some kinks for this brilliant brain fart of mine.
Will update.

No comments: