February 11, 2008

Lobster's Favorite Things: Subway's OR cookies

it's like Oprah's, only with crappier stuff.


om..nyom..nyom..

For the second exciting installment of this..thing I'm doing, I looked at my lunch decided it's going to be the very delicious Subway Oatmeal Raisin cookies.
I once hit the peak of my obsession with this deceivingly unattractive food item and tried to make my own Oatmeal Raisin cookies. I scoured the internet for a seemingly reliable recipe and tried it as soon as I reached home. The results weren't exactly the same but it was alright. It was the color of albino puke but I got the chewy center to crumbly edges ratio pretty close to Subway's (think Gap of Rohan-close).
I decided when I woke up this morning that I was going to have a Subway with their OR cookies for lunch. Stopped at the nearby Subway and proceeded to order a number 7 on Hearty (I'm never sure how to correctly pronounce this word. Har-T? Her-T?) Italienne (this I know how to pronounce. Rhymes with 'alien') bread, hold the chili pickle, mustard, ketchup, some more mustard. Opted to take the meal deal, add some 5 bucks and get a cola and cookies of choice. As usual. Simple enough.
Imagine my surprise upon discovering that they no more give you 2 cookies now, but only one in the meal deal. ONE! Quel dommage! I asked the staff, thinking she might unconsciously skimped me, to which she replied that it's the new meal package. One cookie (ONE!), cola and sandwich. She explained some crap about fuel price hike in 2008 affecting the costs of whatever and rather than increase their (already exorbitant) price, Subway decided to cut back on the cookies instead.
I was obsessed enough with the cookies to fork out the RM1.37 for another piece. Yes, I'm easy.
But now that I'm full, obsession sated for the time being and had moments to reflect; I'm incensed. There were no fuel hike this new year, thus rendering all the argument Subway gave about skimping my one piece of cookie meaningless. They're simply cheap pieces of turd, bent on making 400% return on every scrap of regurgitated synthetic chow they tricked us into buying by manipulating the vulnerable need for acceptance and inclusive effort of taking part of the newest and trendiest muck consumption the western world deemed indulgent enough to bring to our pitiful, culturalless shores.
Franchise capitalism at their best. Bastards.

Yes, I still think their Oatmeal Raisins are the shizz. What's your point?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

from now on, don't eat subway with kerol, or u'll end up sharing with him...like always...

good times...

ultimatecass said...

where do they have subway in KL?

disputed lamb said...

lizzam: indeed. we should relive those good times. one of these days. before we dry up all of the good times.

atie: uh, just about everywhere. new wing OU, PBD, opposite PBD, UOAII, summit usj. to name a few.