April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day!




It's Earth Day, and being the tree hugger that I am, I am proud to say that I played my part and chipped in some extra help to conserve the environment today. Today, I went online shopping. Hurrah. How could that remotely helped anyone, you asked? Well, I online. shopped. ..I see I probably need to draw this out for you, eh?
You see, when I spend too much money online instead of the normal physical transaction, I use less paper. Less paper for printing money on since I only pay electronically and less paper for the non existent receipt also less paper for the paperbag I don't use. (Yes, they'll still have to use paper to wrap the stuff they'll post to me later but I did say I'm helping the environment today, didn't I? And they promised to used recycled paper. Earth still wins) Less paper, less trees cut down, greener earth, happy earth. Ta dah.
You're welcome, earth.

But seriously though, little things you could do to help around;
  • refuse plastic/paper bags when purchasing things. If it's small enough to carry or to put in your handbag, you don't need the bags anyway right?
  • try to practice using shopping bags (the reusable cloth/canvas/sturdy plastic ones)when buying groceries. I have heaps. I could give you one if you want. Avoid using the thin bags that you can only use once. Do you have any idea how long it takes to degrade that stuff. Bring your own bag to the market. Make sure you have some old newspapers to wrap the wet, gooey, icky stuff.
  • print both sides of paper (sounds easy but harder to put into practice)
  • register for online accounts for credit cards, banks, etc. This means less paper are used to print for statements/bills every months.
  • care more about your purchase. Do not support companies/product that aren't environment friendly or in non degradable packaging.
  • just fucking recycle. I think the ozone hole is a good size now for you to start, no?
  • reuse, don't refuse. Donate things before chucking them out. Waste management is a serious problem.
Happy Earth Day, Y'All!

Missed out on some hilarious Rudy and JJ Earth Day Special show this morning. Bummer. Hope they'll re-air.

3 comments:

ultimatecass said...

and thennnnn, u get girls using anya hindmarch's "I'm not a plastic bag" which is meant to be a shopping bag, as a freaking handbag n think they're the coolest beings on planet earth. like, talk about dense. scrape off the stinking 'tude sista!
*I pray u're not one of them*

disputed lamb said...

anya hind-who?*

*im not*


true story: once a friend was showing off to me the bag her husband got for her in an online auction for RM300. i went' "dur. they're selling in petaling street for RM10, i think,"
and she went on about it's not the same and hers is the real stuff and the originals have special tags inside the bag. i just sed so if its not for the inside tag, noone would know it's not a petaling st, kan? and using it as a handbag is so retarded when it clearly states *here* its a shopping bag.
she sed, its a fashion statement.
i just gave her one look that sed, u're retarded and thats a statement and im thankful everyday im not as stupid as u are.

ultimatecass said...

hahaha, oh man, some people's kids. hahaha