May 11, 2008

Dear Mak


It's mother's day and unlike every other year you might think this year's celebration sucks because instead of our customary ice-cream cake from BR, I only bought you a tub of Wall's Vanilla ice-cream. Instead of me making breakfast for you, I woke up late and you had to make them for me. Instead of a special, well thought of, nicely wrapped present presented with my usual gravitas and aplomb, I told you the 3kg of mangos I bought at the pasar malam yesterday and dumped on your lap in their shiny plastic bag is my mother's gift to you this year.



And yet, you're okay with it.


And yet, you laughed through the day and reminded me to wish my aunties happy mother's day too.


And yet, you were the one who said it's alright for me to give you this crappy mother's day celebration and you understand the situation (that being me deprived of 3 months salary)


So Happy Mother's Day, Mak. I love you more than you know and I wish you know that I think you're cooler than any other moms I know. I'm sorry I'm such a deplorable daughter but I hope you know that I'm trying to be better for you. And I hope you enjoy the surprise bouquets of 1 dozen roses, 1 dozen lilies and 1 dozen carnations I arranged to have sent to your school tomorrow.


Have a good one and may Allah bless you.



Kissis and Hugsus,

Ila
-yor adorable dotter-

No comments: