March 11, 2009

Wisdom is Boring

Ooohh.. trying to consistently update this blog is hard. It's probably the getting older. Because as you age, you reprioritize.
  • Clearing your in-tray before trying to update your blog (just making my point).
  • Getting clothes from the dry cleaners are now more important than going to see a movie.
  • Buying shoes are now less important (blasphemy!) than making sure you don't double book yourself for two Ministry events/stuff at the same time.
  • Not picking up phone calls is now a hanging offense (it wasn't before, I only picked up calls when I felt like it).
  • Hanging out with real flesh and blood friends in real time over real food trumps updating whatever networking-website accounts and/or chatting online.
  • Calls over SMSes.
  • No more late night live football matches on work nights, sleep is essential to sanity.
  • Finishing the meeting's minute in 3 days beats going home at 6pm for the weekly Scrabble/Boogle/Monopoly/Risk/Congkak session with family (however painful).
  • Making sure you have the car is refueled every Sunday evening is definitely more important than going to that promising warehouse sale.
  • Paying all your bills before the 4th every month including this month regardless how tempted you want to buy that stupid iTouch on discount.
  • Buying handbags for storage space than only consider how good it looks on me.
  • Owning black court shoes (I hate myself).
  • Paying premium price for good food at a good place.
  • Making sure you're never out of phone credit at all time.
  • Making sure your shoes and your handbags match (I used just to rebel it out).
  • Buying that RM300 baju kurung batik over the divine RM100 casual sun dress (groan).
  • And ultimately, in bed by 10.30 pm is effing wajib okay? Nothing tops that, however pathetic/lame it may make me sound.
I suddenly realized that at least 3 items on the list makes me more..uncool. Dammit, I heard that getting old sucks. Now, this proves it. I'm off to listen to 'N SYNC (sad attempt to rejuvenate one's hipness. Wait, 'N SYNC is no longer cool? What? What do you mean that 'N SYNC was sadly never cool? The hell you say.. Fark it lah. I give up. So, I'm afraid I am now what I've always feared to be, a boring adult. What the hell lah. So what. I'm off to do my tax return..)

10 comments:

Afzan said...

Ye. ye nella.. aku juge merasekan sindrom yg same. Apetah lagi bile dah kawen and ade anak. rase lagi tue. ahaha, bile atie dengar, sure lg takot nk kawen.

disputed lamb said...

atie tak perlu dengar ni nak rase takut nak kawen, afzan.

dah decide nak ambik kerja mane?

Afzan said...

Nampaknye stick to gomen je la kot. Sesame jadi tua cam ko. ahaha, cumenye aku agak (sgt) lapang sehinggekan boleh mengupdate blog setiap hari kalo mahu. wahhh.. Yela, smpai sang aku lom ade penempatan lg tau, dok pon kat meje cam budak kolej je nih. huhu. x rase cam pegawai pon.

SITI said...

Kamu tetap PTD yang berjaya bergaya. Huhu. Sabarlah, kamu akan mendapat balasan baik kerana rajin bekerja.

Bolehkah ke KLIA bertemu ida nanti?

ultimatecass said...

hahahah true nell. ati tak perlu dengar tu untuk rasa takut nak kawen. hahahah

anyways, most of the time when I can actually sleep, I'd sleep at 930. Pathetic man.

and get this. I don't even shop anymore! haaaa beat that! at least u have purchases even if it's the batik kurung n what not.

how did i get to be so effing old at 25?

disputed lamb said...

Afzan : whatever your decision is, tawakkal je la. Boils down to rezeki pun kan?


Tim : If only I care more about my career, kenyataan kau tu buleh membawa kegembiraan melampau, Tim. If only..

Ultimatecass: *cough26cough*

Anonymous said...

oh i miss u=)

disputed lamb said...

sarah: ditto kid

Anonymous said...

ati december baby..baru jadik 25 . :)

ultimatecass said...

oh yay! Thanks Kum!
lemme bask in the whole (depressing) glory of being 25 dulu.