March 26, 2007

Monday Mystery

I am having the weirdest Monday.

I went to bed around 2 a.m last night after checking up with some friends and some light surfing. I was pretty sure I turned the light off before crawling into bed. This morning I woke up around 6.30 am to a very bright room. The light was on and I always lock the door before I sleep so there's no way anyone could walk in and switch the light on. And even if, what the hell for?
I was thoroughly confused and spent my morning drive to work thinking of an explanation on the off-light-on-again scenario. It wouldn't so spooky if I wasn't dead sure that I switched it off in the first place.

Arriving at work I had a second moment of weirdity when I can't, forthelifeofme, remember what floor my office is at. I stood a full 3 minutes staring at the numbers panel in the elevator frantically trying to recall if whether I work on the 7th or 8th floor. Now, this may sound like some inane episode of morning fag-brain to some but this has never happened to me before and I was almost hyperventilating when I seriously forgot my floor. It is the 8th, if you should know.

The rest of the day was pretty normal, thank God. But just now, the weirdest thing yet just happened.

I was fiddling with my digital camera. The last time I used it was during my dad's birthday party early this month and ever since then the camera I kept in my drawer. Quite inaccessible to anybody else. So, someone please explain why, sweet Santa's cookies, oh why is there a snapshot of myself, sleeping in bed, in what suspiciously look like yesterday's jammies.

Tell you the truth, I am a tad spooked.
Coincidence? I think not.
My theory: Alien midget badgers, they're here and they will take us allllll....

No comments: