April 19, 2006

wentworth miller

my phases

im a very phased individual. i live my life through phases that are quite extreme. like, when im going through my 'iron all my linens' phase, i would probably do that, quite manically. once the phase has expired, i shall not iron my linen at all. but during a phase, i would be quite obsessed at executing it, all linens must be ironed before use, no excuses. of course, there are the normal phases that everyone else goes through, your garden variety depressed phase(s), 'i wish i was single' phase, the 'i wish i have a bf/gf' phase, 'i want to marry prince william' phase, doc mart boots phase, spandex phase, lose weight phase and of course the infamous, lazy phase.
being phases, these phases arent at all permanent, however the duration for each shall vary. its also quite possible to experience more than 0ne phase at a time, for instance, i had a bedsheet shopping phase simultaneously with my 'i shall change the way i smile' phase in 2002. (where i was buying a lot of bed sheets and smiling like an idiot while doing it)
u may or may not recover from a phase. i recovered fully from my idiotic grinning phase in '02 wth nothing more than a few photographs to cringe at now. i have never recoverd from my bedsheet phase, it is now however, moderately tamped down. not all phases are beneficial. my toilets are amazingly clean during my sporadic, recurring 'clean toilet every other day' phase. but i also like to forget my 'vests over everything' phase back in 1997, beneficial only for proving fashion don'ts.
some phase might also be of the recurring nature, as u might kno. my mom would induce 'im surely an adopted child' phase to me almost every other day and on special occasions say, birthdays.
my more common recurring, non-beneficial phase is my laze phase. its quite common, occurs once or twice in a month, for about a week long, probably longer. this is the time when i couldnt care less about anything at all. when im not having this particular phase, im quite meticulous
about how i do things. the thing about phases is, there are some phase that would induce another phase into happening. for example, i would have my brave fashion experimenting phase that would have me tossing and getting my whole wardrobe in complete shambles and that would smoothly translate into my laze phase where i let the wardrobe be for when until my paze phase is over, even if my fashion phase ends before the laze phase, i still wouldnt do anything about the complete mess my wardrobe is in. more often than not, my lazy phase would be kicked into premature conclusion when i couldnt find any specific item of clothing thus would force me but to sort and arrange my wardrobe which is in complete dereliction of the laze phase concepts. classic case of simultaneous phasing with inductory element by another phase.
so, i had a stretch of laze phase going on for about 2 weeks. i really starting to hate myself and i know i have to self abort the phase really soon. my room was really turning into a sty (does anyone else realise that theres a 'sty' is 'style'?) not that im dirty or anything but the mess was really piling up and no longer avoidable by shoving it under my bed.
so, last night i decided to end my current laze phase by cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, wiping, sorting, arranging, tidying my room. end it big. i was mentally prepared to really dig in. thats the thing with killing a phase; phases, when died unnaturally, is quite painful. u need discipline, and theres never many of that lying around.
as i was getting phsyced up to end my phase by my never-too-soon room cleaning, my mom started nagging everyone about the indecent amount of laundry that needs folding. as my laze phase was comprehensive, it would partially my fault to that problem. so, i took the whole load and folded it. and then i still have the room to clean. i wasnt ready for that. i allocated just the exact amout of anti-laze power to juice the room cleaning but not the mountainous laundry folding. i was almost depleted of power to do anything. i was drained. the unscheduled activity drained me. but i braved on. and i got the room cleaned. i vacuumed, i sorted out my undies drawer, color coded my tshirts and tops, alphabetized my CD collections, rearranged my books, cleaned underneath my bed, threw out the garbage, dusted all my shelves and table tops, polished my trinkets, updated my notice board, sorted out my perfumes according to heights, color coded my earrings, hanged and arranged my work clothes according to color and fabrics and all that shit. told u meticulous.
this unwarranted demand on my unsuspecting system was jarring. im sure ive exhausted all my known will power to overcome phases. now, im vulnerable to phases without any source to overcome them.
lets hope 'wear vests over everything' phase doesnt make a comeback..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»